One size doesn’t “fit all” when it comes to financing timber and the forestry industry. You need a lender who will go the distance with you, with common-sense solutions, rates, and terms that make doing business with us, well, commonsense.
Depending on your needs—whether you’re a hauler, logger, or mill owner—we offer a variety of loans and leases that can help you be successful. Whether you’re purchasing timberland or buying seeding equipment, searching for a unique opportunity to invest in timberland, or need better roads and fire lanes to access your property, we understand. And we can help.
Our loans programs include financing for:
- Purchasing timberland or standing timber
- Buying sawmill equipment
- Purchasing or leasing machinery, equipment, cars and trucks
- Making timberland improvements, such as planting and seeding
- Maintaining roads, fire lanes and drainage ditches
- Refinancing debts
- Paying operating expenses
Your resource for all things land.
- Smart Timber Harvesting on a Property Requires Planning »
- Prescribed Burning »
- Pine Tree Farming with Short Rotations – A New Normal? »
- 7 Reasons NOW is a Great Time to Invest in Real Estate »
- Conservation Easements are Not as Scary as You Thought »
- The Necessity of a Land Survey »
- Accessing Credit: How You Choose a Lender and a Lender Chooses You »
- Owning Your Own Land »
Need help from an expert?
The Farm Credit advantage: we pay dividends.
When you do business with Farm Credit,
you become a member. As a cooperative,
we return our profits to those who borrow
Want more info?