Each year, Southwest Georgia Farm Credit offers a local producer the opportunity to participate in the Executive Program for Agricultural Producers. TEPAP has been equipping agribusiness leaders to develop professional management practices, improve family communication, and provide a path forward for business growth, transition, and succession planning. TEPAP is an intensive week in classroom sessions alongside some of the leading producers in the country and around the world, taught by the nation’s most prominent faculty with expertise in issues of strategic management. This is a two-year commitment. Topics include:
- Strategic management
- Family business management
- Negotiation strategies
- Human relations
- Financial management
- Workplace accountability
For more information, contact us at info@SWGAFarmCredit.com.
Ag Biz Basics
Ag Biz Basics is a fast-paced online program designed not only to prepare you for meetings with your lender, but also to position your agricultural business for success. In a nutshell, this hands-on program allows you to establish written goals and get your financial business documentation in order including a projected cash flow statement, updated balance sheet, and a cash income statement. Along the way, you will be introduced to a few key financial ratios that can provide guidance concerning financial performance.
Ag Biz Basics includes four learning modules:
- Module 1: Side by Side with your Lender – Financial Documentation, Planning & Goal Setting
- Module 2: Do You Cash Flow? Cash Flow Planning – putting your production plan in numbers
- Module 3: What are You Worth Financially? Business and Personal Balance Sheets
- Module 4: Did You Make a Profit? Income Statement
To illustrate the applications, Ag Biz Basics highlights a case study involving entrepreneurs operating a start-up agribusiness who are applying for a loan with Farm Credit. In addition, the workbook with application exercises will be instrumental in developing basic customized goals and financial statements for your business. The goal is to assist you in launching, growing, managing or transitioning your business with a greater opportunity for success. The program is designed to enhance your critical thinking, strategic planning, and contingency planning skills, and attention to detail.
- 4 mobile-friendly eLearning modules with multiple choice quizzes
- Workbook with financial spreadsheet templates
- Content can be completed in approximately 2 hours total.
- Additional time spent on workbook applications, including goal setting and financial statement construction, will vary.
High speed internet access is strongly recommended.
Ready to get started? Email us at info@SWGAFarmCredit.com or call 800.845.1745, ext. 2635.
Don’t miss Southwest Georgia’s Farm Credit special 3-part series on Farming Through the Generations: Advice on Farm Transitioning.